Mortgages for good credit
Our Mortgage Service
Getting a mortgage if you have a good credit record allows you to access the best rates in the market. Our mortgage service offers:
- Whole of market service - we work with most UK lenders
- Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Access to exclusive mortgage deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? - we have access to a range of innovative finance solutions
To investigate your mortgage options if you have a good or excellent credit record call our specialist mortgage team on 0117 313 7780 or fill in our callback request form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support.
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Compare mortgage deals for good credit
If you have got a decent credit history, the welcome news is that you ought to find that you are eligible for several of the most attractive mortgage deals on the market. So as to obtain the top mortgage deals attainable, it is smart to shop around and compare as many alternative deals and suppliers as you can.
Make the mortgage finding process easier by enlisting the assistance of our independent whole of market mortgage team - call now 0117 313 7780.
How to maximise your likelihood of obtaining the best mortgage for good credit
If you have got good credit you are quite likely to be an acceptable lending choice for many mortgage providers – and to make your chances of obtaining the mortgage you would like even greater, you could try and implement a number of the following steps before you approach your chosen mortgage lender:
- Pay a high deposit – typically speaking, the higher deposit you pay the better the rate of interest you're likely to be offered
- Make sure your credit history is up to date – you'll be able to check your credit score quickly and simply using numerous on-line services
- Make sure you have got all of your financial and employment documents up to date –being ready to prove that you have a stable career record and good monetary history is likely to be very appealing to potential mortgage lenders
- Look out for discounted rates and fee-free mortgages – these may save you cash within the short term and can be a useful option for some buyers. However, it is important to make certain that you have assessed the overall mortgage cost in the long term in order to make sure they are the proper choice for you.
Types of mortgage deal for good credit
There are 3 main kinds of mortgage that you may be eligible for with a good or excellent credit score. These are:
Fixed rate mortgages - a fixed rate mortgage will have an rate of interest that is set at a particular amount for a fixed time. Depending on the mortgage provider you choose, there are a range of 2 year, 3 year, 5 year and even 10 year fixed rate deal on offer.
Tracker mortgages – a tracker mortgage will have a rate of interest that alter in accordance with the Bank of England base interest rate, which means that the amount you pay might move up or down over time. Various lenders off trackers for affixed number of years and well as for the entire duration of the mortgage – these are known as lifetime tracker mortgages.
Offset mortgages - an offset mortgage is connected to your savings account, current account, or both. By offsetting your savings against your mortgage, you may reduce the level of interest you will be required pay on your mortgage overall, while still retaining the ability to access your money.
Ways to repay your mortgage
There are 2 main repayment strategies available for mortgages:
Capital Repayment Mortgages - With a repayment mortgage the sum you pay off every month is made up of a proportion of interest and capital against the loan. When the mortgage term comes to an end, your mortgage will have been paid off in full, providing that you have not missed any repayments. The advantage of this kind of repayment strategy can be the reassurance that your mortgage is going to be repaid at the end of the mortgage term.
Interest Only Mortgages - With an interest only mortgage you just pay off interest on a monthly basis, which means that monthly repayments are lower. With this kind of deal you have got the flexibility of how you repay the mortgage off at the term end. However, it is essential that you have a repayment vehicle set up to pay off the balance at the end of the mortgage term – for example, investments or savings.
Our dedicated whole of market mortgage team can help you to locate the right mortgages for good and excellent credit – call us today on 0117 313 7780 or to speak to one of our mortgage advisers click here »