Compare Barclays loans
Barclays is one of the UK’s best known banks and offers a range of borrowing options. Which type of loan is likely to represent the best deal for you will depend on your borrowing needs and personal circumstances.
Whether you need money for a car, to improve your home or for any other reason, it is sensible to familiarise yourself with the various options so you can make an informed decision.
Barclays personal loans
A Barclays personal loan can be a quick and relatively straightforward way to access the money you need. A personal loan is unsecured, which means it is not directly tied to any of your assets.
This type of borrowing is usually best for smaller amounts of money required for a shorter period.
Advantages of Barclays personal loans
- Borrow from £7,500 to £15,000
- Repay over 2-5 years
- Make fixed monthly payments for the term of the loan
- Many customers can get a personalised quote upfront with no effect on their credit score
- Receive the agreed funds as soon as your loan is approved and you sign the online loan agreement
- You can pay off your loan in part or full early, subject to a charge
Restrictions on Barclays personal loans
- You must be a UK resident
- You must be over 18
- For online applications you need to be an existing Barclays customer
- Failing to keep up with your repayments could harm your credit rating and make it much harder to borrow in future
- Repeated missed payments could lead to a county court appointing a bailiff to recover the debt by seizing your belongings
Borrow more with a secured loan
If you require more than £15,000, Barclays offer secured loans which they refer to as “homeowner loans”. This allows you to borrow money against the market value of your home and can allow you to get substantially more credit than with an unsecured loan.
Advantages of Barclays homeowner loans
- Borrow up to £250,000
- Pay over 1-25 years
- Pay a fixed rate of interest for the term of the loan
- Get a quote without affecting your credit score
Restrictions on Barclays homeowner loans
- You must own your own home
- You must be over 18
- You must have the permanent right to reside in the UK
- You must have a household income of at least £8,000 a year
- If you fail to keep up with repayments, you may be required to sell your home to cover the outstanding balance
To find the best deals on secured loans, head over to our secured loan calculator.
Need to borrow more than £25k?
Finding the right loan for your needs and financial circumstances can be tricky, especially when there are so many different lenders and types of loan to choose from.
If you are a homeowner or landlord and are looking to raise finance to improve your property, our team of specialist loan advisors can help. Simply give Fair Mortgages a call on 0117 313 7780 or use our contact form to get in touch.