Scottish Widows Bank Mortgages
Our Mortgage Service - helping you make the right decision
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support".
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
"We know that the internet is the first port of call for many people when looking for mortgage solutions; our view is, yes use the internet to do your own research , but then bring it to us and we’ll let you know how your findings compare and then give you the information and advice you need - so that you can make the right decision for your future.” Adam Arnott, Head of Mortgages & Protection
Scottish Widows offers a selection of mortgage deals including specialist mortgages for professionals.
Compare a range of Scottish Widows mortgage rates including mortgages for home movers, investment property and remortgage using our FREE online mortgage calculator.
Benefits of a Scottish Widows mortgage
Scottish Widows provide a wide range of benefits such as:
- Offset mortgage option on selected products – this type of mortgage allows you to use your savings to help you save money on your mortgage.
- Additional mortgage borrowing – if your main mortgage is less than the agreed maximum amount you could borrow, you can apply to borrow more once you've had your mortgage for six months.
- Remortgage packages –offers include free valuation and free conveyancing, or £300 cashback on completion.
- A choice of repayment options— repayment, interest only, or part repayment and part interest only.
Scottish Widows Flexible Mortgage
The Scottish Widows Flexible Mortgage allows you to borrow up to 90% of the property purchase price, and each application is treated individually. Other benefits could include:
- Available for new purchases up to 90% and remortgages up to 85% Loan to Value.
- A choice of fixed and variable rates.
Scottish Widows Professional Mortgage
The Scottish Widows Professional Mortgage offers the same terms as the Flexible Mortgage, and is designed for registered professionals, such as:
- Accountants (including trainee accountants)
- Actuaries (including trainee actuaries)
- Medical doctors
- Solicitors (including trainee solicitors)
About Scottish Widows Mortgages
Founded in 1815 in Edinburgh, Scottish Widows has been a well-known financial services provider across Scotland, England and Wales for many years. Since its purchase by Lloyds Banking Group in 1999, Scottish Widows continues to offer a wide range of mortgage deals both directly and via independent financial advisers.
To compare Scottish Widows mortgage deals with other leading mortgage rates on the market, and to find the best deals for you, you can use the mortgage calculator to search over 5,000 mortgage offers based on your personal circumstances.