Bridging Loans London
Our London Bridging Loan Service
Looking for a bridging loan in London
Special features of what we offer include:
- Loans from £50,000 to £25 million
- Term - From 1 to 36 months
- Interest roll up schemes
- Bridging loans for individuals, limited companies, sole traders and partnerships
- Whole of market service - we work directly with UK bridging lenders
- Lowest Rates - Access to leading bridging loan deals
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly. 5 to 7 days possible.
- Buying a property at auction? - call us today
To investigate your bridging loan options in the London and Greater London area call our team on 0117 313 6058 or fill in our call back form.
We can provide bridging loan options and then provide mortgage solutions once the bridging loan is no longer required.
Using a bridging loan
Bridging loans are frequently utilised as an answer to a temporary cash flow problem. A common example of this type of situation is when a person wishes to buy a property but still needs to sell their existing home. A bridging loan can, in these circumstances, provide a solution by offering short-term funding.
The loan will be secured against residential or commercial property which bridges the gap to an exit through the sale or refinancing of the asset.
Bridging loans may be offered in amounts ranging from £25,000 to several million, depending on your circumstances and which lender you approach.
What situations might require a bridging loan?
Bridging loans are used for a wide variety of reasons, including:
- For homeowners and other property owners - Quickly securing a property. A common reason is so people can buy a new property before selling an existing one to prevent missing out on a particular property they want to purchase. In London this is a particular issue with intense competition for attractive properties. Having finance available can make all the difference.
- Repairing a broken property chain - The loan can prevent a homeowner from missing out on purchasing their new home if a buyer in a property chain drops out. Again in London and the South East Of England chains breaking is a common occurence - bridging finance can provide a solution so you don't lose out.
- Building a house - People wishing to realise a dream and build their own home.
- Downsizing - These property owners do not require a standard mortgages but can use bridging finance to buy before the sale of their existing property so they can move quickly and independently.
- Converting a barn (or other property) - Looking to move out of London? For people wanting to live in in the countryside to build their grand design home or for developers looking to turn a profit.
- Auction finance - For people buying property at auction, bridging finance can allow them to pay the required percentage needed as a deposit and then complete the transaction in the time provided for by the auction contract.
- Temporary cash flow cover - Borrowers looking for a short term loan during a property transaction can use a quick bridging loan to get a cash injection.
- For property developers and investors - Un-mortgageable properties. Bridging loans can also be used by to develop run down properties, where traditional mortgages would not be approved, for example, where properties have no bathrooms, toilets or kitchens or are not watertight.
- Renovation and development - The funding option can be used by those wanting to renovate a property, or those wanting to develop a piece of land into one house or even multiple houses.
- Fast access to finance - Bridging loans can be used to take advantage of market conditions and discounted investment opportunities, helping to finalise negotiations so that opportunities are not missed.
- For businesses raising capital - Bridging loans can be secured against land and property so that companies can raise finance in a short timeframe, for example, buying stock as an alternative to asset purchase finance.
- Tax liabilities - Businesses can use bridging loans if a tax demand is made, and the amount cannot otherwise be accessed within the required timeframe.
- Meet business obligations Borrowers - looking for short term funding to meet business obligations and payments or overcome financial difficulties can use a bridging loan as a possible short-term option.
For most individuals and businesses, bridging loans are used at times when there is a temporary cash flow issue or a tight deadline, where a quick short term loan is required to rectify the situation or provide a viable financial solution.
Conditions of bridging loans
A bridging loan can be used for almost any purpose and can be secured on many different types of property. In some cases you may be able to borrow up to 80% of the value of the property.
To discuss how you might be able to access bridging finance in London call or broker team on 0117 313 6058 or complete our request callback form.