Our Second Mortgage Service
Are you looking for a second mortgage?
Second mortgages can be used for a range of different purposes including:
- Second home purchase - e.g. For holiday or investment purposes
- Home improvements - Converting or extending a property to improve your current property?
- For moving house - You may be looking for short term finance up to 12 months to break a mortgage chain or to ensure you don't miss out on a desired property - bridging loans "bridge the gap" between selling and buying a property.
- Investment property - e.g. buy to let or for flipping
- Auction purchase - Buying property at auction or buying land
- Commercial property - e.g. mixed use such as a flat above a shop or where you looking to buy a commercial property
- Buying property abroad - A lot of our clients buy property abroad particularly in Spain and France using UK property as security.
Our mortgage team can help you get finance in place depending on your requirements - we offer:
- Second mortgage finance from £25,000 to £25m
- Terms - From 3 months to 35 years
- Independent service - We work with over 70+ lenders
- Market leading rates
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly. We have lenders who can work to short timescales (2 to 3 weeks).
To investigate your 2nd mortgage options call our mortgage team on 0117 205 1481 or fill in our call back form.
Looking for the best second mortgage deal? If so, you will need to compare the whole mortgage market to make sure you get the best available deal. Our mortgage quotes and advice service can help you to narrow down your options:
What counts as a second home when applying for a mortgage?
A second home is classified as any property that you own in addition to your main place of residence. This could include a holiday home, a house or flat that you buy in order to let out to tenants, or a property in a different location – for example, a city flat to complement your countryside home.
Because these different property types are used for different purposes, you will need to base the type of mortgage you choose on whether you plan to live in the property part of the time or on holiday, rent it out to residential tenants, or use it for holiday rental income.
How to get a second mortgage?
This will depend on what you are looking to do.
The type of mortgage finance and the process for getting it will depend on what property you have and the equity you have in it.
For long term mortgage finance and where the finance is required for residential purposes lenders will look at your financial situation as their primary concern will be affordability.
If the property is an investment purchase there may be a different process where your personal financial situation is not a key consideration to getting finance.
Our mortgage team can help you with your mortgage requirements for a second home - call us on 0117 205 1481 or complete our callback request form above.