Bridging Loans for Residential Property
Bridging loans are a type of short-term finance often used for buying property. They offer a fast way to borrow the money to buy a new home, buy to let property or renovation project. Bridging finance can often be accessed in just days, with loan terms of up to 18 months being common.
Bridging finance is often used for:
- Property auction finance
- Buying a new home before a current one sells
- Buying unmortgageable property to renovate
Benefits of using bridging loans for residential property
There are various reasons why people use bridging finance to purchase residential property. Some of the key advantages are:
- Fast to arrange
- Can borrow anywhere from £50,000 to £15million
- Flexible repayment terms
- Bad credit not always a barrier to borrowing
- Can be secured against unmortgageable property making it ideal for property renovation
Interest rates on bridging loans for residential property
Interest rates vary between lenders and tend to be higher than for mortgages and some other forms of secured borrowing. Therefore, it is important to get the best deal you can on your interest rate and fees, which is one of the reasons why most people use a loan broker to access bridging finance.
Factors which are likely to affect your interest rate include:
- How much you borrow
- The length of the loan term
- Your loan to value ratio (LTV)
- Your credit rating (in some cases)
- How much debt you already have
Compare bridging loans for residential property
Our free bridging loan calculator offers a fast, straightforward way to get a bridging loan at the lowest possible cost. All you need to do is share some basic information about your borrowing needs and financial situation. Then we will match you with the most attractive deals from across the market.
Looking for bridging loans for residential property? Get in touch with our friendly expert team of loan brokers using the contact form on the right or by calling 0117 313 6058.