NatWest Buy To Let Mortgage Calculator
NatWest Buy to Let Mortgage Calculator
Use our mortgage calculator to compare NatWest buy to let rates with the market.
You can contact NatWest direct on 0800 056 8572 or if you require independent advice see what we can offer below:
Buy To Let Mortgages service
Why choose us?
Fair Mortgages can provide you with a first class service if you are looking for buy to let mortgage advice.
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of Market Broker - We deal with over 60 UK lenders including NatWest
- Rates - Access to leading buy to let market rates
- Exclusives - Access to exclusive buy to let mortgage deals not available on the high street
- Our Buy To Let Expertise - Expert help whether you are a first time investor or experienced full time landlord
- Credit Issues? - We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Experienced BTL Investor? - Have a complex buy to let or have a portfolio of 5+ properties? - speak to us
To investigate your buy to let mortgage options call our specialist team on 0117 403 4222 or fill in our call back form.
If you would like independent advice on your buy to let mortgage options we can help.
As well as working with NatWest we have access to mortgage lenders across the UK market.
If you want to buy a property with the intention of renting it out, you will require a specialist mortgage, known as a buy to let mortgage.
Buying a property to rent out can offer the opportunity to benefit from capital growth on the value of the property, as well as income from rent payments.
Compare buy to let mortgage deals
NatWest provides a selection of buy to let mortgage deals to both new and existing customers. Whether you are an experienced landlord intending to expand your buy to let portfolio, or a first time buy to let property purchaser, NatWest may have the right buy to let mortgage deal for your circumstances.
About NatWest Buy to Let Mortgages
NatWest buy to let lending criteria currently includes the following requirements:
- The minimum loan amount is £25,000
- Fixed rate and tracker rates are available
- Minimum deposits of 25% required (75% loan to value/LTV)
- Projected rental income – you will usually need to show that your proposed rental income will be at least 125% of the monthly mortgage repayments
Changes to buy to let mortgage regulations
Changes to the buy to let mortgage market regulations have affected the way lenders consider buy to let mortgage applications.
Stricter Stress Test
From 2017, lenders will implement a stricter income stress test. This means that lenders will make sure landlords do not fall behind on their mortgage repayments. In order to satisfy the income stress test, landlords will have to show that they can make mortgage repayments even in the event that interest rates hit 5.5%.
Review of Entire Portfolio
Lenders will take an in-depth review of the landlord’s portfolio to ensure that all the properties in their portfolio are profitable. If the landlord has one or more properties that are not profitable then a buy to let mortgage will not be granted, as landlords can no longer spread equity across their portfolio.
Other points to consider when looking for a Buy To Let Mortgage
There are various other costs that you will need to factor in when considering a buy to let mortgage, including:
- Property valuation fees - a property valuation is required for a buy to let mortgage application
- Surveying fees – you will need to get a structural survey before you can get a NatWest buy to let rate
- Stamp Duty (this will be payable if the property you are buying is worth £125,000 or more)
- Conveyancing costs – you will need to instruct a solicitor to carry out the necessary legal work on the property you wish to purchase
Once you have purchased the property you will need to factor in the cost of:
- Buildings insurance - this is a legal requirement (unless included in management fees for a block of flats). NatWest offers a range of building insurance deals, which you may wish to consider alongside your NatWest Buy to let mortgage.
- Landlord insurance – you are not legally obliged to have landlord insurance, but it can be a sensible idea to offer additional protection to your property