Abbey Buy to Let Mortgages
Our Abbey Buy To Let mortgage Service
Fair Mortgages can provide you with a first class buy to let mortgage service.
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - We work with Abbey along with most other UK lenders
- Rates - Access to leading buy to let market rates
- Exclusives - Access to exclusive buy to let mortgage deals not available on the high street
- Our buy to let expertise - Expert help whether you are a first time investor or experienced full time landlord
- Credit issues? - We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Experienced buy to let investor? - Have a complex buy to let or have a portfolio of 5+ properties? - speak to us
To investigate your remortgage options, call our specialist team or fill in our call back form.
Abbey Buy to Let Mortgages
Whether you’re an experienced landlord or first time buyer, if you’re looking to purchase a new buy to let property, you might be wondering what product Abbey has to offer. Abbey buy to let mortgages, administered by Santander, provide competitve rates. To find out more about how an Abbey buy to let mortgage could benefit you, call our dedicated mortgage advice team.
In order to qualify for an Abbey buy to let mortgage you must meet the following key requirements.
- Maximum loan £750, 000
- Minimum property value £75, 000
- Maximum LTV 75% (new build flats 70% LTV)
- At least one applicant must be employed or self employed.
- At least one applicant must own the residential property in which they live in.
- Buy to let remortgage with capital raising (including debt consolidation) for personal use up to 75% LTV.
- Rental coverage ratio of atleast 145%
Buy to Let Regulations
From 2017, all lenders are required to review how they regulate their buy to let products. As a result, the criteria for securing a buy to let mortgage has become stricter.
When applying for an Abbey buy to let mortgage, it is important to note that lenders now apply a stricter stress test. This is to ensure that the applicant can afford the mortgage repayments. Lenders will have to review the applicant's ability to make mortgage repayments in the event that interest rates increase to 5.5%.
For landlords with multiple buy to let properties, when applying for an Abbey buy to let mortgage, it should be noted that they can no longer spread equity across their property portfolio. This means that lenders will not approve a buy to let mortgage if one or more of the applicant's properties fail to provide positive returns.
Why Choose an Abbey Buy to Let Mortgage
Through choosing to purchase your buy to loan mortgage through Abbey, you’ll benefit from the following.
- Mortgages available up to 75% LTV.
- Free standard valuation up to a property value of £2.5m on all products.
- £250 Cash back when your client remortgages their buy to let to us. (Early repayment charges apply)
- Flat fee, percentage fee and no product fee options.
Before looking to take out a buy to let mortgage with Abbey, or any other lender you should ensure that you can afford it, as failure to meet repayments can result in the repossession of your home.
It is likely that you will not have access to Abbey deals; as a result you might want to consider contacting an independent intermediary who can offer you deals on their behalf.
If you would like to compare mortgage works buy to let mortgage deals along with other leading mortgage deals, why not call us or fill in our online contact form on this page to request a call-back.