Post Office Loans
Compare Post Office loans
Click here for a Post Office loan»
Looking to borrow between £1,000 and £25,000 and have a good credit history? If yes see our latest deal from the Post Office.
||£1,000 to £25,000
3.1% APR Representative (£7,500 - £15,000)
|1 to 7 years
Representative 3.6% APR. Based on a loan amount of £7,500 over 60 months at an interest rate of 3.6% p.a. (fixed). Monthly repayment of £136.77. Total amount repayable £8,206.
Post Office Personal Loans are provided by Bank of Ireland (UK). Post Office Limited is a credit broker and not a lender.
The Post Office offers attractive rates on their unsecured personal loans, making them a popular choice with borrowers.
Whether you are looking to raise money for a new car, to improve your home or for any other one-off expense, an unsecured personal loan can be a relatively quick and simple way to borrow.
If you are thinking about taking out a personal loan, make sure you are familiar with all or the pros and cons before making a decision.
Please note: Post Office loans are provided by Bank of Ireland (UK).
Advantages of Post Office loans
- Borrow from £1,000 to £25,000
- Repay over 1-7 years
- Pay a fixed amount monthly for the life of the loan
- Get an instant decision by applying online
- No arrangement fee or other hidden charges
- Receive the agreed funds within 2 workings days
- Choose a monthly repayment date to suit you
- You can overpay to clear your debt sooner with no penalties
Restrictions on Post Office loans
- You must have been a UK resident for at least 3 years
- You must be over 21
- You must be no older than 70 when the loan term ends
- A credit check will be carried out when you apply
- Missed payments will incur a late fee
- Repeated missed payments could significantly affect your credit rating, making future borrowing much harder
- The amount, repayment term and interest rates you pay will depend on your credit rating and other individual circumstances
See how much you could borrow
If you are considering taking out an unsecured personal loan, the Post Office loan calculator lets you quickly see how much it will cost to borrow what you need over various repayment periods.
By adjusting the amount you want to borrow and how long you want to borrow it for, you can see your likely monthly repayments. This allows you to easily work out just how much you can realistically afford to borrow.
Need to borrow more?
If you need to borrow more than £25,000, you may want to consider taking out a secured loan. This means borrowing money against the value of an asset, such as your home.
Secured loans usually allow you to borrow much larger sums than with an unsecured personal loan and you often receive much better rates of interest. However, if you fail to keep up the repayments on a secured loan, you may be forced to sell the asset it is secured against to cover the outstanding balance.
To find the best deals on secured loans, head over to our secured loan calculator.
Looking to borrow more than £25k?
There are a wide range of different lenders and types of borrowing offered across the market, so choosing the best match for your requirements and financial circumstances can be a challenge. Our team of specialist loan advisors can provide personalised advice to help you get the very best deal for you.
If you are a property owner looking to raise capital for home improvements or property improvements, give Fair Mortgages a call on 0117 313 7780 or use our simple contact form.