Mortgages for Ex Forces
Our Mortgage Service for ex forces personnel
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - we work with a wide range of UK lenders
- Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Access to exclusive loan deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? - we have access to a range of finance solutions
To investigate your mortgage options call our mortgage team on 0117 403 4474 or fill in our call back form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support.
Why Choose Us?
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Compare top mortgage deals for ex-forces professionals
If you have served in the armed forces and are now looking to move on or retire, you may be keen to get your foot on the property ladder as soon as you return to civilian life. If you have been in the forces since the age of 18 then you may have never owned a property before, and even if you joined at a later stage you may have spent many years out of the civilian property market while living in forces accommodation or being posted overseas.
Therefore, it can be helpful to seek expert advice when it comes to getting the right mortgage deal for you. Our friendly team of expert mortgage advisers can help. We are independent and cover the whole mortgage market, and offer no obligation advice, so call us today on 0117 403 4474.
Getting mortgages for ex forces
As an ex-forces professional your unconventional career and lifestyle background can sometimes prove a problem when it comes to arranging a mortgage. For example, it is likely that you may have a limited borrowing record due to the all-inclusive nature of many army postings, with little history of renting property from conventional landlords.
Additionally, the fragmentary nature of military life, with frequent moves to new postings and time spent abroad, can sometimes have an effect on your ability to build up a UK credit rating.
Fortunately, there are mortgage lenders who specialise in more unconventional mortgages, such as those for ex forces. These lenders can help you get the mortgage you need by offering mortgage deals to those with a limited credit record due to their military background, and can consider each mortgage application on an individual basis.
Anyone who has served in the British Army, Navy, Marines, or Royal Air Force, either as a member of the front line in active service, or as support staff, may be eligible to be counted as ex forces when it comes to applying for a mortgage. This may mean that you are eligible for certain home buying schemes to help make the transition to civilian life easier.
Of course, you will still have to meet standard lending criteria in terms of supplying adequate deposit, having appropriate credit history, and meeting affordability requirements.
Things to think about before you apply for ex forces mortgage deals
Before you apply for a mortgage it makes sense to think about the following points in order to make sure that your mortgage application has the best possible chance of being accepted:
- Make sure that your credit record is up to date – you can check your credit rating online and make sure that all the information shown on it is up to date an correct
- Make sure that you are on the electoral roll – this is likely to have a positive effect on your credit score
- Try and gather the biggest deposit you can comfortably afford to offer – this will allow you to get a mortgage that has a lower loan to value ratio (LTV) which could mean you are entitled to better interest rates
- Look for Government schemes – the Government often runs housing programmes for serving and ex-forces members, especially for new build properties, so it may be worth considering this option. You may also be eligible for the Help to Buy scheme, which offers Government-backed loans and guarantor mortgages to people who only have a 5% or 10% deposit.
Find the best mortgages for ex forces
Our dedicated whole of market mortgage team can help you to locate the right mortgage deal to suit your needs. To find the best ex forces mortgage deals for you – call us today on 0117 403 4474 or to speak to one of our mortgage advisers click here »