Mortgages for Flats
Mortgage Service for Flats
Getting a mortgage if you have a flat or you own a flat (s) as a buy to let landlord can bring with it a range of complexities when arranging mortgage finance. Our mortgage service offers:
- Whole of market service - we work with most UK lenders who will consider lending on flats
- Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Access to exclusive mortgage deals not available on high street
- Specialist lenders who will lend on flats above shops and on high rise apartments
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- We have lenders who will take into account previous credit issues
- Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? - we have access to a range of innovative finance solutions
To investigate your mortgage options if you are a looking to buy a flat for the first time, remortgage or where you looking to raise additional finance call our specialist mortgage team on 0117 403 4474 or fill in our callback request form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support.
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Why Choose Us?
Compare Mortgages for Flats
Flats are a popular choice of property for many home buyers, ranging from first time buyers to single professionals and those looking to purchase a weekday-only residence to avoid a long commute.
Getting a mortgage on a flat can involve some differences from getting a mortgage on a house. The degree of difference will tend to depend on various factors such as:
The size of the flat
If you are looking to buy a studio flat you could find it difficult to get a mortgage. Many mortgage lenders will not lend on studio flats at all, and those mortgage providers that consider lending on studios will usually require them to meet certain criteria.
For example, the studio flat will need to be at least 30 square metres in size, and will usually need to have a separate food preparation area as well as a separate bathroom. Some mortgage lenders also add further restrictions on mortgage for flats – for example, they may not lend on basement studio flats that do not have natural light
The location of the flat
If you're planning to buy a property above commercial premises, you may find it harder to get a mortgage. This is because many potential mortgage lenders will worry about the potential for noise or other disturbances to damage the resale value of the flat.
Even if you are not planning on buying a flat that is above commercial premises, you could still run into issues if:
- You want to buy an ex-local authority flat
- You want to buy a flat that is constructed form non-standard materials
- You want to buy a flat that is high rise i.e. is in a block that is over five storeys
To mitigate these possibilities it is a good idea to seek expert advice before approaching mortgage lenders for a loan on a flat that falls under any of these categories.
If you are unsure about what mortgage product is suitable for you call us on 0117 403 4474 or click here » to request a callback.