Mortgages for Medical Professionals
Our Mortgage Service for Medical Professionals
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - we work with most UK lenders
- We work with lenders who will provide lending based on your employment as a medical professional
- Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Access to exclusive loan deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? - we have access to a range of finance solutions
To investigate your mortgage options if you are a medical professional call our mortgage team on 0117 403 4474 or fill in our call back form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support.
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Compare Mortgages for Medical Professionals
Getting a mortgage as a medical professional will depend on which kind of role you fulfil as well as whether you work with the NHS or are in private practice.
Mortgages for NHS workers
If you work in certain roles within the NHS you may be eligible for low cost home ownership schemes in certain areas of the country. Such schemes may be available to people permanently employed in the NHS in roles such as:
- NHS doctors’ surgeries
- NHS dental practices
- NHS Direct
- NHS Primary Care Trusts
- NHS Ambulance Trusts
- NHS Mental Healthcare and Social care Trusts
- The National Blood Transfusion Service
Please note that doctors, dentists and domestic or admin staff are not usually eligible for these schemes. You will usually need to meet certain criteria for these schemes including UK residency, proof of employment, and having a good credit score.
Mortgages for GPs and locum doctors
Searching for a residential mortgage as a doctor can be a more complex undertaking than you may have initially anticipated – after all, as an above-average earner you would naturally expect to be an attractive proposition to mortgage lenders.
Although you may have an above average income and a good deposit, mortgage lenders may be put off by the irregular nature of some doctors’ contracts, such as locum roles or contract work. Similarly, if you are in general practice you may find that you run into issues when approaching mainstream mortgage providers because, as a GP, you may technically be classed as self-employed.
Self-employment can present issues for getting a mortgage so it is a good idea to seek out a specialist provider to maximize the chances of your mortgage application being accepted.
If you are unsure about what mortgage product is suitable for you call our mortgage team on 0117 403 4474 or request a callback.