Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgages review
Although Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgages are no longer available, there are a wide range of lenders offering similar products to suit your needs.
Whether you are a former C&G mortgage customer who has been transferred to a Lloyds or TSB mortgage deal or are a new customer looking to find the best mortgage deal for your borrowing needs and circumstances, our expert team of mortgage advisors are on hand to guide you.
Compare mortgage deals from all the leading lenders
Our experienced, friendly mortgage brokers can help you with:
- Whole of market service - we cover most UK lenders
- Access to leading market rates
- Exclusive mortgage deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - call us if you need to move fast!
- Lenders who will consider borrowers with previous defaults and missed payments
- Raising extra finance on top of an existing mortgage, including remortgaging, second mortgages and other cost-effective finance options
To find out more about your options for taking out a new mortgage or remortgaging, call Fair Mortgages today on 0117 313 7780 or fill in our call back form on the right of the page.
"We know that the internet is the first port of call for many people when looking for mortgage solutions; our view is, yes use the internet to do your own research , but then bring it to us and we’ll let you know how your findings compare and then give you the information and advice you need - so that you can make the right decision for your future.” Adam Arnott, Head of Mortgages & Protection
Cheltenham & Gloucester no longer offers mortgages for new customers, but there are still plenty of mortgage deals on offer for existing Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgage holders.
Use our FREE online mortgage calculator to help you compare Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgage deals with over 5,000 alternative mortgage offers on the market today.
Mortgages available from Cheltenham & Gloucester
Cheltenham & Gloucester offers a range of mortgage offer to their existing customers, currently including deals such as:
- Additional borrowing – if you want to borrow more money, perhaps to finance an extension or redecorating project, you can choose from a selection of mortgage deals. A capital raising remortgage allows you to raise money for things such as home improvements or buying a second property.
- Switching to a new mortgage deal – choose from a range of 2 year and 4 year fixed rate mortgage deals. The amount of interest you pay will depend on whether your mortgage follows the Cheltenham & Gloucester Standard Variable Rate (SVR), the Cheltenham & Gloucester Homeowner Variable Rate (HVR), or the Cheltenham & Gloucester Buy to let Variable Rate (BTLVR)
History of Cheltenham & Gloucester
Cheltenham & Gloucester is now part of Lloyds Banking Group, but its origins lie in the Cheltenham & Gloucestershire Permanent Mutual Benefit Building and Investment Association which was founded in 1850. Cheltenham & Gloucester acquired or merged with 25 building societies between 1940 and its conversion to a bank in 1995.
Following the takeover and Cheltenham & Gloucester by Lloyds TBS (now Lloyds Banking Group) in 1997, the brand name has been retained for mortgages and savings, and Cheltenham & Gloucester continues to offer a variety of mortgage options to its existing borrowers.
Speak to our mortgage team for bespoke quotes and advice »
To compare the latest Cheltenham & Gloucester mortgage deals with other leading mortgage rates and find the best deals for you, use the mortgage calculator to search over 5,000 mortgage offers based on your personal circumstances.
Call our friendly mortgage team on 0117 313 7780 or Request a Callback.