NatWest HMO Mortgages
If you are looking for an HMO (house in multiple occupation) mortgage, NatWest may be able to provide the property finance you need. If you require an HMO mortgage from NatWest, speak to us first to make sure you are getting the best deal possible.
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - we work with over 60 UK lenders including NatWest
- Leading rates - Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Exclusive deals - Access to exclusive loan deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Looking to raise additional finance on top of your existing mortgage or buy to let mortgage? - we have access to a range of finance solutions
What is an HMO
An HMO (house in multiple occupation) is where a property is rented out to three or more people, who share facilities such as bathrooms or a kitchen and are not in the same household.
It should be noted that any house with five or more people in it is classified as a “large HMO”. If you intend to convert your property into a large HMO, you will need to apply for a licence from your local council.
HMOs may be an attractive opportunity to landlords, as they can charge the rent by the room and this can result in higher returns than normal buy to lets.
NatWest HMO mortgage
If you require an HMO mortgage, you may benefit from reviewing NatWest’s latest buy to let mortgage. If you approach NatWest for a mortgage, they may be able to offer you a 2 year fixed rate mortgage with a competitve interest rate, which reverts to their standard variable rate thereafter. See our table above for the latest rates.
The first 2 years of the mortgage protects you from any increase in interest rates. This may be ideal for your HMO project, as it could allow you to pay the fixed mortgage payment and have enough left over to cover the expenses from your buy to let property.
We work with the majority of UK lenders, and have access to exclusive buy to let mortgage deals for HMOs that are not available on the high street, which means we can make that process of finding a HMO buy to let mortgage that bit easier.
To find more information about buy to let mortgages for HMOs why not call us today on 0117 403 4474, or fill in our online contact form to request a call-back for a free initial consultation with one of our advisers.