Mortgages for Freelancers
Our Freelancer Mortgage Service
Why choose our mortgage service?
Fair Mortgages can provide you with a first class mortgage service.
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - we work with UK lenders who will lend to freelancers
- Great Rates! - Access to leading market mortgage rates
- Exclusive Deals - exclusive mortgages not available on high street
- Specialist lenders - who will lend on unusual income streams and contract arrangements
- Fast turnaround - speak to us today if you need to move quickly
- We have lenders who will take into account previous credit issues
- Looking to raise additional finance? - we have access to a range of innovative finance solutions
To investigate your freelancer mortgage options call our specialist team on 0117 205 1481 or fill in our call back form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support.
Mortgages for Freelancers
If you are a freelance worker, getting a mortgage is unfortunately not as simple as it used to be in the days before the credit crunch. With self-certification mortgages a thing of the past, and with the addition of tougher new lender rules in the Form of the Mortgage Market review of April 2014, securing a good mortgage deal as a freelancer requires a little more research.
One of the main issues faced by freelancers when it comes to getting a mortgage is proving their income. Because most freelance workers’ earnings cannot be assessed in the traditional way due to a variety of irregular income streams, and other factors, some mainstream mortgage lenders simply reject mortgages applications from freelancers out of hand.
Furthermore, those freelancers who are set up as company directors may find that the advantages of this designation when it comes to tax returns – a low wage with most income dividends, or with most of your assets held in company accounts – can be a problem unless you can find a mortgage broker who is prepared to look past you ‘low’ salary and assess your application based on your company’s net profits.
Mortgages for freelancers – get the best rates
Before you start approaching mortgage lenders as a freelancer, there are several things you can do in order to maximise your chances of acceptance and of getting a good rates. These include:
- Look for a lender who has experience of mortgages for freelancers – they may be able to assess your application on a case by case basis
- Make sure you have a recent copy of your contract (or contracts if you take on work from various sources)
- Have your finances in order before you start – Mortgage lenders will want to see around two years’ worth of accounts plus your most recent SA302 form. This is the tax calculation form that HMRC sends out annually and will show the lender how much tax you owe in a given tax year.
- Offer a high deposit – the higher the deposit you can put into a property, the less risk the lender is taking on.
- Make sure your credit record is good
If you are unsure about what mortgage product is suitable for you call us on 0117 205 1481 or request a callback.