Switch Your Mortgage
Why choose our remortgage service?
Fair Mortgages can provide you with a first class remortgage service.
Special features of what we offer include:
- Whole of market service - we cover most UK lenders
- Great Rates - Access to leading market rates
- Exclusive Deals - Access to exclusive remortgage deals not available on high street
- Fast turnaround - call us if you need to move fast!
- Less than perfect credit history? - We have lenders who will take into account previous defaults and missed payments
- Raising additional finance - If you are looking to raise finance we will look at all your finance options as well as remortgaging.
To investigate your remortgage options call our specialist team on 0117 403 4474 or fill in our call back form.
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support. With the recent changes (long overdue) to the mortgage industry, the message from the Regulator and lenders to the UK public is to get professional advice.
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Whether a residential or commercial mortgage, remortgaging to switch mortgage provider can sometimes be beneficial, if you’re interested in remortgaging you may benefit from using the services of an independent mortgage adviser to and try and help you find the right mortgage to move to. You may also want to use the Fair Mortgages calculator to see what products might be available.
It’s possible to remortgage with either the same lender or a new one. There are several instances where remortgaging might be beneficial to the borrower, some of which include:
Your introductory deal has ended or will end soon: If your mortgage introductory period has come to an end and you are now on your lender’s Standard Variable Rate (SVR) remortgaging could secure you a cheaper rate, which may save you money over all. When looking for a new mortgage to reduce your monthly payments, it can be wise to factor in any arrangement fees and other costs you might have to pay, to make sure these do not negate much you would stand to save through cheaper monthly payments.
Possible reasons for remortgaging include:
- Your home’s value has seen a significant increase: If the value of your property has increased considerably since you took out your mortgage, you may find that remortgaging could reduce your loan to value (LTV). Enabling you secure a lower LTV band mortgage which could have lower rates, you would again need to check to make sure this would save you money overall however.
- You want to be able to make overpayments and your current mortgage won’t allow you: you may find yourself where you want to be able to pay extra into your mortgage, enabling you to pay it off quicker, but your current mortgage does not allow you to do so. Then you may be considering remortgaging to product that allows overpayments, in this instance you should consider any exist charges or early repayment fees you may need to pay and compare them to how much you stand to save.
- To borrow more: It’s possible remortgage to borrow more capital, essentially trading in some of the equity of the property that you own in return for extra money. This will however increase the length of time it takes you to pay off your mortgage and could increase the size of your monthly mortgage payments.
Things to consider
Remortgaging may be more difficult or expensive, and could not be the right choice in some scenarios for example if you have had credit issues you may find there are less mortgages available to you.
Using the services of a mortgage adviser could help you find the right remortgage option for your specific needs. An independent adviser that offers a whole-of-market service can use their professional knowledge of the industry to try and find the best deal available for you in addition to being able to provide you with impartial advice
To find out if Fair Mortgages could help you, fill in our online contact form to request a call-back for a free initial consultation at a time that suits you. Or call directly on: 0117 403 4474