Teachers Building Society Mortgages
Our Mortgage Service - helping you make the right decision
"The essence of the Fair Mortgages service is professional independent mortgage and protection advice brought to you by a team of specialist advisers and experienced administration support".
As your mortgage is such an important transaction, good advice is imperative.
Teachers Building Society (YBS) offers a wide range of mortgage deals.
Benefits of a Teachers Building Society mortgage could include:
- £100 contribution towards your National Union of Teachers (NUT) subscription, where applicable
- Legal fees paid for selected remortgage deals, when you use an approved solicitor
- Option to make overpayments without penalty up to a set limit
To compare Teacher Building Society mortgages with over 5,000 of the latest mortgage deals available, use our FREE comparison service.
About Teachers Building Society mortgages
Teachers Building Society has a range of mortgage deals to suit a variety of buyers. When choosing a Teachers Building Society mortgage you will need to consider several factors including the value of the property you want to buy, how much you can afford to offer as a deposit, and how much you are able to pay each month. Mortgage options available from Teachers Building Society include:
- Discounted Variable Rate Mortgages – these mortgages offer a discount on the Teachers Building Society Standard Variable Rate (SVR) for a fixed period after the mortgage starts. Teachers Building Society currently offers a selection of 2 year discount rate mortgage deals.
- Buy to let mortgages – Teachers Building Society offers a Discounted Variable Rate Buy-to-Let mortgage, which means that while your payments will vary in line with any interest rate changes, you will always pay less than our Buy to Let Standard Variable Rate for the discount period.
- Remortgages – move your existing mortgage to find a better deal
- First time buyer mortgages – Teachers Building Society is part of the Government’s Help to Buy scheme, offering 5% deposit mortgage deals for first time buyers
About Teachers Building Society
Teachers Building Society was founded in 1966 in Dorset with the aim of helping people in the teaching profession to buy their own homes. Today, the Teachers Building Society mortgage service is available to people who work in education in England, Scotland and Wales, as well as to all residents of Dorset, Hampshire and Wiltshire.
To compare Teachers Building Society mortgage deals with other leading mortgage rates and find the best deals for you, use the mortgage calculator to search over 5,000 mortgage offers based on your personal circumstances.